What is needed for residential permits?

If you are doing the work, then you may secure the permit. If a contractor is doing the work, it is recommended that the contractor secure the permit for your protection. All contractors must be registered by the City.

Permits are issued from the Building Department at Brooklyn City Hall, Monday through Friday, 8 to 11: 45 am and 1 to 4:15 pm (excluding holidays).

Visit the Building Forms page for all permit application forms, and view the Fee Schedule (PDF) to learn more about the fees entailed. For fees not listed, and all commercial and industrial work, please contact the Building Department at 216-635-4203 for information on applicable permit fees.

Show All Answers

1. What is needed for residential permits?