New Business Occupancy Requirements

A certificate of occupancy shall be obtained from the Building Commissioner by any person desiring to occupy, sell or let for occupancy a retail, commercial or industrial building, or any premises including off-street parking, nor shall anyone allow a building which they own or control or for which they are acting as agent of the owner to be occupied without obtaining a certificate of occupancy.

Change of Occupancy Permit

When submitting a Change of Tenant - Occupancy Permit Application the following item must be included:

  • Drawing of a floor plan of the proposed store or business
  • Drawing of plot plan showing number of parking spaces
  • Description of business

Signage Requirements

New signs require Planning Commission approval. Applicants are required to submit both a Sign Approval Application and Sign Permit Application.

The replacement of sign panels or temporary signage requires a Sign Permit Application.