Room Rentals for the Senior-Community Center will begin after April 18, 2022. Please call 216-635-4222 for pricing and availability.
Pick up / Drop off Keys
Keys are to be picked up and returned at the Brooklyn Fire Station located at 8400 Memphis Avenue. Use the front entrance and pick up the red phone for assistance and sign-off.
Rules & Regulations for Facility Rental
The following rules are mandatory. The City does inspections after each use. Those violating these conditions will not be permitted under any circumstances to use the facility in the future and their deposit will not be refunded. This applies to all people and organizations.
- Renters must be 21 years or older. Proof of identification/residency required for all rentals. Users under the age of 18 must be supervised by the Renter and a sufficient number of adults in order to minimize the risk of harm to users and property. Renter must be on premises for entire rental time.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted. No person under the influence of intoxicating liquors will be permitted on the premises or in any part of the premises.
- Smoking is only permitted outdoors in designated areas.
- An appointment must be made at least two weeks in advance of the event to sign a rental contract and pay a security deposit of $100 for the Fire Station Community Room or $200 for the Community Center and the rental fee which is due 100% in advance.
- Payment must be made by cash or check and is required at time of contract signing. All checks should be payable to the City of Brooklyn. If the check is returned for insufficient funds (NSF), the contract will be void and the reservation will be cancelled. The City will require reimbursement for any fees associated with NSF checks.
- Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis and City functions will take precedence.
- There is a 2-hour minimum on all rentals. The facilities are available in the evenings on the weekends until 10 pm. Please account for cleanup time because the facility will close by 10 pm.
- Entry for both rooms will be made from the rear doors only.
- All other areas of the facility will be off-limits to all non-City personnel.
- It is the responsibility of the users to perform any and all necessary cleanup (removal of rubbish, floors cleaned and vacuumed, etc.) The users must place the garbage in the appropriate containers outside at the end of the event and must provide their own garbage bags.
- It is the users' responsibility to make certain that all doors are locked at the conclusion of the event.
- You may bring your own coffee pots, crock pots or catered food. You may use the sink and refrigerator in the Fire Station Community Room.
- No nails, tacks, tape or other items that might injure or mar any part of the premises may be used on the walls. No use of glitter or confetti.
- Candles, open flames or live-flame fires of any type are prohibited.
- Unless required to be permitted by federal or state law, animals are not permitted.
- The kitchen facility in the Community Center is off limits.
- Any damage to the facility will be the responsibility of the renter and will be billed accordingly.
- The renter may cancel the agreement 30 days prior to the event with a 100% refund and 14 days prior to the event with 50% refund. No refunds will be given if the event is canceled fewer than 14 days prior to the event. If cancellation occurs 48 hours or less prior to event there is a forfeit of deposit fee.
- Following the conclusion of the event, the renter must return the Renter's Exit Checklist form (part of the Room Rental Form (PDF)) along with any keys provided to the Fire Station. Users of the Community Center must leave the Exit Checklist on the kitchen counter. Failure to leave the completed Exit Checklist can result in delay or loss of deposit.
- The renter agrees to assume full responsibility for the character, actions and conduct of all persons admitted by it to the premises and covenants that if any part of the premises is damaged by the act, default or negligence of the renter or renter's guests. The renter agrees to pay the City any actual damages exceeding the security deposit.
- The renter agrees that the City shall not be held liable or responsible to the renter for any damage caused by a failure to have the premises available in a case where said premises, or any part thereof, shall be destroyed by fire or any other cause, or if any casualty or unforeseen occurrence shall render the fulfillment of this agreement by the City impossible.
- The renter agrees that the City does not relinquish the right to continue the management of the premises and to enforce all necessary and proper rules for the regulation and operation of the same.
- The renter agrees that the rights and privileges granted under this agreement shall not be assigned or sublet without written consent of the City, nor shall the premises be used for any purpose than those identified in this agreement.
- The City assumes no responsibility for any property being placed in the premises and the City shall be expressly released and discharged from any and all responsibility for any loss, injury or damage to person or property that may be sustained by reason of the occupancy of premises under this agreement.
- The renter agrees that he, she or it, and his, her or its users, members and guests, shall abide by, conform to and comply with all laws of the United States and the State of Ohio, and all ordinances of the City, and the rules and regulations of the City for the government and management of the premises, together with all rules and regulations of the Police and Fire Departments of the City, and will not do, or suffer to be done, anything on the premises in violation of such rules, laws or ordinances. If City officials call the renter's attention to violation of any of the provisions of this paragraph, renter will immediately desist and correct such violation.
- The City reserves the right to cancel this agreement if the Police Chief finds that the continuation of this agreement may result in either destruction of property, injury to persons, breach of the peace, or the maintenance of a nuisance.