Automated Waste Collection
Learn more by viewing our Automated Waste Collection Brochure (PDF).
If a resident needs another Automated Container, they may purchase one at City Hall located at 7619 Memphis Avenue. A 98 gallon container for rubbish is $57.25 and a 64 gallon container for recycling is $47.50.
Once payment is received, the Service Department will drop it off at the resident's home.
Rules & Regulations
- Residents are required to put their rubbish out on collection day. Do not place your rubbish out on the tree lawn prior to 5 pm the day before your collection day
- The following materials must be dropped off at the service garage: oil, gasoline, anti-freeze, car batteries, car tires, rocks, broken concrete or materials left by private contractors
- Please call Monday through Thursday for a special pick up on Fridays for the following items: paint cans, appliances, furniture and large volumes of rubbish
- Per Codified Ordinance 951.02 (b) (PDF), the Service Department will not pick up cans that weigh over 50 pounds. The can will be tagged and the resident can request a special pick up for Friday if they lesson the load
- Per Codified Ordinance 951.02 (a) (PDF), rubbish containers cannot be greater than 45 gallon capacity and provided with suitable handles on the outside
- Learn more about the Disposal of Railroad Ties (PDF) in the City of Brooklyn
Look for signs in your neighborhood during the holidays. Rubbish pick up will be delayed one day for the following observed holidays.
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- President's Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veteran's Day
Thanksgiving (signs will be posted to notify residents if their collection day will be earlier).
Thanksgiving Rubbish Collection Schedule
The routes for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday will remain the same.
Thursday's route will be picked up on Wednesday.