You are here:
Home > Departments > Recreation Department > Ice Skating Rink
Ice Skating Rink
General Admission: Public Ice Sessions are from Labor Day to Memorial Day. Schedules are subject to change due to special events.
- Resident Student with ID card: $1.00
- Resident Adult with ID card: $2.00
- Resident Senior (60 and over with ID card): Gratis
- Non-Resident Student: $3.00
- Non-Resident Adult: $4.00
- Non-Resident Senior: $3.00
- Skate Rental/Resident with ID card: $1.00
- Skate Rental/Non-Resident: $2.50
- Special Event: As Determined
- Skate Sharpening: $4.00
2014 SUMMER CITY ICE PROGRAM
2014 Summer City Ice Program
2014 - 2015 Learn-to-Skate
Wednesday Evening Learn to Skate Classes
Friday Evening Learn to Skate Classes
Open for ages 3-adult. Our classes are taught under the format of the United States Figure Skating Basic Skills Program. All skaters become registered with this program when they enroll for classes. Remember to sign up early on registration day! All classes will be on a first come first serve basis.
Monday Session Tuesday Session
June 9, 2014 June 10, 2014
June 16 June 17
June 23 June 24
June 30 July 1
July 7 July 8
July 14 July 15
July 21 July 22
July 28 July 29
Monday Class Times - Learn-to-Skate
6:15pm - 6:45pm Snow Plow 1, 2, &3 (ages 3-5)
6:15pm - 6:45pm Adult 1, 2, 3& 4 (ages 16 and Up)
6:45pm - 7:15pm Basic 1,2, 3 & 4 (ages 6-15)
7:15pm - 7:45pm Power &Edges for Figure Skating (Basics 5 & Up)
7:45pm - 8:15pm Artistry for Figure Skating (Basics 5 & Up)
Tuesday Class Times
6:15 - 6:45pm Intro to Dance (Basics 5 & Up)
6:45pm - 7:15pm Advanced Blades ( Basic 5, 6, 7, 8)
7:15pm - 7:45pm Advanced Blades (Freeskate 1-6)
7:45pm - 8:15pm Intro to Moves in the Field (Freeskate 1 & Up)
Resident ID card holder - $30.00
Non-Resident - $45.00
Parma Hts Partnership - $37.00
Register for Learn-to-Skate Sessions at the John M. Coyne Recreation Center during regular business hours after May 1, 2014.
Fall, Winter, Spring Class times:
Eight Week Program/Half Hour Lesson
- Residents: $30.00 + *$12.00 USFS Fee = $42.00
- Non-Resident: $45.00 + *$12.00 USFS Fee = $57.00
- Partnership: $37.00 + *$12.00 USFS Fee = $49.00
- *USFS Fee: $12.00 One time charge for September 1, 2013-August 31, 2014
Public Skating Session
(Fall Winter, Spring)
3:30pm - 4:30pm (March, April, May only)
10:00am - 11:45am
8:45am - 10:45am (Senior/Public)
1:15pm - 3:00pm
8:00pm - 9:15pm
3:45pm - 4:30pm
All ice skating schedules are subject to change during special events. For daily rink activities call 216.351.5334.
Please call Marie Torino at 216-351-5334 for Cancellation Information
Summer Ice Program will start June 2, 2014
2013-2014 - City Ice Cancellations
2013-2014 - Public Sessions Cancellations
Ice Rink Parties
Public Ice Sessions are from Labor Day to Memorial Day. Schedules are subject to change due to special events.
- Resident Rental per Session (12 persons or less): $40.00
Each additional person over the 12 will be charged the current resident adult/student admission rate. A current City of Brooklyn Recreation Identification card must be shown when making the reservation.
- Non-Resident Rental per Session (12 persons or less): $85.00
Each additional person over the 12 will be charged the current non-resident adult/student admission rate.
Fees must be paid one week in advance of the rental. Refunds will be made if the rental is cancelled by the Recreation Department. Refunds will not be made because of illness or non attendance.
- Fridays: 7:45pm - 9:30pm (Skating session is 8:00pm - 9:15pm)
- Saturdays: 3:30pm - 4:45pm (Skating session is 3:45pm - 4:30pm)
6:45pm - 8:45pm (Skating session is 7:00pm - 8:30pm)
- Sundays: 2:15pm - 4:15pm (Skating session is 2:30pm - 4:00pm)
- Resident Student/Adult: $5.00 per session
- Non-Resident Student/Adult: $8.00 per session
All "City Ice" schedules are subject to change during special events. Call 216.351.5334 for the Daily Skating Schedule.
Brooklyn Figure Skating Club of Ohio
The Brooklyn Figure Skating Club of Ohio is dedicated to promoting figure skating as a sport, a means of recreation and an art. This lifelong activity is enjoyed by both children and adults. To help skaters attain their goals, we offer moves in the field, freestyle, dance, private lessions, and USFS testing. Please visit our website at www.brooklynfsc.com
for more information or feel free to contact Georgette Radesic, Pres. at 440.237.3386 with any questions.