Assistant Clerk of Council
Brooklyn City Hall
7619 Memphis Avenue
Brooklyn, OH 44144
Please be advised that the Brooklyn City Council will hold a Special meeting at 6:00 p.m. on Monday, August 1, 2016 in the Council Chambers at Brooklyn City Hall, 7619 Memphis Avenue, Brooklyn, Ohio 44144.
The Agenda is:
- Public session for items on Agenda;
- Liquor permit request;
- Request to apply for grant (from Fire Dept);
- Cable/mtgs update from Mayor;
- Res. #2016-6: Authorizing the City of Brooklyn to join the Metropolitan Educational Council as a Political Subdivision Contracted Member;
- Res. #2016-7: Placing a moratorium on the granting of building permits or certificates of occupancy for any bldg., structure, use of change of use that would enable the cultivation, processing, or retail sale of medical marijuana for a period not to exceed six months from the effective date of this Resolution;
- Ord. #2016-56: Authorizing the Mayor to enter into a contract with the AFSCME-Ohio Council 8, AFL-CIO Local #3218 Clerical Employees;
- Ord. #2016-57: Authorizing execution of lease/purchase and service agreement between Blue Technologies and the City for copiers/printers for various depts.;
- Ord. #2016-58: Establishing Sect. 135.06 "Authority to accept income or other things of value" of the Codified Ords. of Brooklyn;
- Ord. #2016-59: Authorizing the purchase, installation and implementation of a software upgrade to the City of Brooklyn's computer system from Bailey Communications, Inc. in the amount of $50,565;
- Ord. #2016-60: Authorizing the Mayor to enter into a contract with the City of Brooklyn Municipal Foremen and Laborers Union Local #1099;
- Executive Session relating to labor negotiations, and the position of Finance Director, with confirmation of appointment upon reconvening into regular session.
City Council meetings are the 2nd and 4th Monday of the month at 7:00pm in the Council Chambers located at 7619 Memphis Avenue. Council recesses during July & August, with special meetings as necessary. Meetings that fall on a holiday Monday will be held the following Tuesday.