You are here:
Home > Room Rentals
Fire Station Community Room
8400 Memphis Ave.
Capacity: 40 classroom style
Room equipped with projection screen, sink, microwave, and refrigerator
Hours: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Resident/Resident Organization Hourly
7727 Memphis Ave. (rear)
Capacity: 300 event style or meeting style
Hours: 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. (Mon-Tues-Wed-Thurs) 12 p.m. to 10 p.m. (Fri-Sat-Sun)
Resident/Resident Organization Hourly
Rate: $25 for half the room and $75 for the entire room
Rate: $40 for half the room and $125 for the entire room
Rules & Regulations for Facility Rental
The above rules are mandatory. The city does inspections after each use. Those violating these conditions will not be permitted under any circumstances to use the facility in the future and their deposit will not be refunded. This applies to all people and organizations.
- Renters must be 21 years or older. Users under the age of 18 must be supervised by the Renter and a sufficient number of adults in order to minimize the risk of harm to users and property.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted. No person under the influence of intoxicating liquors will be permitted on the premises or in any part of the premises.
- Smoking is only permitted outdoors in designated areas.
- An appointment must be made at least two weeks in advance of the event to sign a rental contract and pay a security deposit of $75 and the rental fee which is due 100% in advance.
- Payment must be made by cash or check and is required at time of contract signing. All checks should be payable to the City of Brooklyn. If the check is returned NSF, the contract will be void and the reservation will be cancelled. The City will require reimbursement for any fees associated with NSF checks.
- Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis and city functions will take precedence.
- There is a 2-hour minimum on all rentals. The facility is available in the evenings on the weekends until 10 p.m. for the Community Center and 10 p.m. for the Fire Station Community Room. Please account for cleanup time because the facility will close by 10 p.m.
- Entry for both rooms will be made from the rear doors only.
- All other areas of the facility will be off-limits to all non-departmental personnel.
- It is the responsibility of the users to perform any and all necessary cleanup (removal of rubbish, etc.). The user must place the garbage in the appropriate containers outside at the end of the event and must provide their own garbage bags.
- It is the users’ responsibility to make certain that all doors are locked at the conclusion of the event.
- You may bring your own coffee pots, crock pots or catered food. You may use the sink and refrigerator in the fire station community room.
- No nails, tacks, tape or other items that might injure or mar any part of the premises may be used on the walls.
- Candles, open flames or live flame fires of any type are prohibited.
- Unless required to be permitted by federal or state law, animals are not permitted.
- The kitchen facility in the Community Center is off limits with the exception of the refrigerator and sink. The use is not permitted to use the steam table, silverware, oven or any items that belong to the senior center.
- Any damage to the facility will be the responsibility of the user and will be billed accordingly.
- The renter may cancel the agreement 30 days prior to the event with a 100% refund and 14 days prior to the event with 50% refund. No refunds will be given if the event is canceled fewer than 14 days prior to the event.
- Following the conclusion of the event, the renter must return the Renter’s Exit Checklist form along with any keys provided to the Fire Station.
- The renter agrees to assume full responsibility for the character, actions and conduct of all persons admitted by it to the premises and covenants that if any part of the premises is damaged by the act, default or negligence of the renter or renter’s guests. The renter agrees to pay the City any actual damages exceeding the security deposit.
- The renter agrees that the City shall not be held liable or responsible to the renter for any damage caused by a failure to have the premises available in a case where said premises, or any part thereof, shall be destroyed by fire or any other cause, or if any casualty or unforeseen occurrence shall render the fulfillment of this agreement by the City impossible.
- The renter agrees that the City does not relinquish the right to continue the management of the premises and to enforce all necessary and proper rules for the regulation and operation of the same.
- The renter agrees that the rights and privileges granted under this agreement shall not be assigned or sublet without written consent of the City, nor shall the premises be used for any purpose than those identified in this agreement.
- The City assumes no responsibility for any property being placed in the premises and the City shall be expressly released and discharged from any and all responsibility for any loss, injury or damage to person or property that may be sustained by reason of the occupancy of premises under this agreement.
- The renter agrees that he, she or it, and his, her or its users, members and guests, shall abide by, conform to and comply with all laws of the United States and the State of Ohio, and all ordinances of the City, and the rules and regulations of the City for the government and management of the premises, together with all rules and regulations of the police and fire departments of the City, and will not do, or suffer to be done, anything on the premises in violation of such rules, laws or ordinances. If City officials call the renter’s attention to violation of any of the provisions of this paragraph, renter will immediately desist and correct such violation.
- The City reserves the right to cancel this agreement if the Police Chief finds that the continuance of this agreement may result in either destruction of property, injury to persons, breach of the peace, or the continuance of a nuisance.